Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sunday Night Dinner: Take 27

Last night, I made a VERY tasty pulled pork for my parents. I always tell them about the things I'm making, so I figured it was only right to make them something delicious while they were staying with me! 

I decided to make them pulled pork. I'd never made this exact pulled pork (another post I'll blog about in the not too distant future), but I have made a different version that was cooked IN barbecue sauce before. The version I made for my parents was very moist with the right amount of spice. The spice came from a rub I made and put on to sit for almost 24 hours. I then cooked it with 2 homegrown jalapenos sliced up and put in the crock pot with the sliced onions and pork loin. 

The pork loin I got was WAY too much food for just three of us, but I knew that going in and planned to use the leftovers for something else amazing!

That something else came tonight when I made a Pork and Green Chile Burrito!!! 


It sounded great and was even better than I'd expected! I will, without a doubt, be making these again! The pulled pork, the burritos, everything!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment