Monday, May 28, 2012

Crawfish Baked Mac and Cheese

Most people choose to BBQ over the Memorial Day Weekend, but my neighbor and I decided to do something just a little different on Saturday!  

The night before, she had seen a recipe on the Food Network for Lobster Mac and Cheese and after she told me about it I immediately agreed that we would make it together that night! But instead of lobster, we decided to use crawfish. It was a good decision too because I'd never eaten crawfish before, but had a feeling it'd be amazing. 

And amazing it was!  So amazing I want some right now even though it's probably a million calories. Oh yummy cheese, and pasta, AND CRAWFISH!!! 

YUM,

YUM,

YUM!

You can take my word for how amazing this is, OR you can make some and enjoy it yourself. Make sure you use ALLLLLLLL of the cheese sauce though. It looks like it's a lot, but it's not - I promise!

I'm usually doing the cooking and photographing, but this time I got enjoy just snapping pictures for the most part. I helped here and there, but my wonderful friend and neighbor, Elina deserves most of the credit! :)  

Now let me show you how to make Crawfish Mac And Cheese.

Shredded Cheddar and Gruyere Cheese

Cavatappi Pasta!

Cooked Crayfish. MMMM

Milk

Milk warming! 

I missed getting a picture of butter and flour step - SORRY!

Add the warm milk to the butter flour mixture slowly. 

Keep whisking to get all the lumps out!

Almost done...

Not yet...

And done!

Now start the pasta and cook 5 to 7 minutes.

While the pasta is boiling...

Add the cheese to the milk/butter/flour mixture.

Stirring to combine after each addition.

More cheese!

Yup - even more! :)

And now a little pepper...

And some Fresh Nutmeg too!

Give it one last stir.

Drain the cooked pasta.

And add the cheesy goodness to the pasta!

Stir it all up!!!

Put into individual ramekins and top with fresh bread crumbs. 
(Note - we halved the recipe and it still made WAY more than what's pictured!)

Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes.

Let cool and devour!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment