Sunday, May 20, 2012

Grow Baby, Grow!

I am SO excited about how well my garden is growing! The weather has been super HOT, and sadly a few of the more delicate flowers didn't make it so I replaced them and made the planters more visible so I don't forget to water them again - I'll post about all that soon!

Now let me show you the amazing growth I'm talkin' about folks!

My Snap Peas!
While they still have peas growing, it's not thriving.
The lower parts are yellowing and I'm not sure why.
It might be a drainage problem...
I'm going to let it do it's thing until it stops producing peas.
Then - I'll rip everything up, fix any problems and start again!




My FIRST Jalapeno of the Season!
This is SO exciting and I'm very happy there are more coming soon.
I can't wait to enjoy peppers off my plant like I have in years past.
Yum, yum, yum, yum, YUM!

The Basil Plant is recovering...
Last weekend I noticed quite a few little munch holes,
so I quickly got rid of all evidence and that ended up being quite a bit.
This is the plant AFTER I took the pruners to it.

And here it is a week later!
You can see the tiny little leaves, 
that's the new growth from where I cut back.
So small, but amazing it grew that much in ONE WEEK!

Now - The Tomato Plant I have HIGH hopes for because of plants I grew in years past.
I have had amazing success in years past using this growing method, 
so I'm hoping I have as good of luck this year!

And it's already looking good!!
Little Tomatoes!!!

AND more blossoms!

Speaking of blossoms, look at these BEAUTIFUL flowers I have growing...

Cosmos, Dahlias, Marigolds and Pansies!

Another Dahlia.

And Sunflowers!

Last but not least, my AMAZING lime tree!
I cannot wait to have limes from it again.
C'monnnnnn lime tree, c'mon!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment