Sunday, May 13, 2012

Oreo Cream Cheese Brownies

In the past, I've mentioned how I have a folder on my computer desktop labeled "Recipes To Try". I keep recipes in there - in Sub-Folders based on typed - and keep them there until I try them and decide if it's worth keeping or not. I recently decided to make something from the "Sweets" Sub-Folder and after browsing quickly, I decided on...


These things SOUND amazing and folks, they really are! They are everything you would imagine and maybe even more. The rich little treats are so amazing and I cannot wait to make them again for more people to enjoy!

Now that I've gone on and on, let me show you how to make these amazing little treats!



The Goods!
Unsalted Butter
Granulated Sugar
All Purpose Flour
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
Salt
2 Eggs
Milk
Oreos - Coarsely Chopped
Cream Cheese
Powdered Sugar
Vanilla Extract

Combine Flour, Cocoa Powder and Salt.
Set aside.

Combine butter and sugar. 
Bring to a boil stirring frequently. 

Boil for one minute.
Remove from heat to cool slightly.

Whisk together the dry ingredients while sugar butter mix is cooling.

Once at room temperature - whisk the eggs into the sugar mixture.

And then whisk in the milk too!

Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine.

Done mixing!

Now fold in the crushed Oreos.

And put the mixture into a foil lined baking pan.

And start the Cream Cheese mixture...

Put Cream Cheese, Powdered Sugar and Vanilla in Mixing Bowl.

Mix, mix, mix it up!

Andddddd finished!

Now drop it on top of the brownie mixture and swirl around with a butter knife.

Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes.
Cool completely before cutting.
Like the original recipe mentioned - I put mine in the fridge first too.


No comments:

Post a Comment