Sunday, January 30, 2011

What's Going On With The Garden???

I'll finally admit it. I haven't wanted to, but it's true so I might as well. 

My Fall Garden isn't nearly as cool or plentiful as my First one last Sprint was. With that said, I can't wait to plant my Spring Garden THIS year! :)

Even though my Fall Garden isn't doing amazing, the few things I have left are doing quite well.

My pride and joy at the moment though are my Paper Whites! I know they aren't edible, but gardening isn't ONLY edible plants. I like the little mix I have of edible and non edible.

Back to the Paper Whites!

On Saturday, I noticed that the bulbs I'd planted with care had not only sprouted, but were now blooming! I had one full flower and many other buds. I'm so happy and excited to share. I can't wait to keep you updated with the blooming progress now.



The herbs are still doing quite well. The Flat Leaf Parsley and the Upright Rosemary are STILL alive from last Spring. Both have been used an uncountable amount of times, but keep coming back and are heartier than ever.



The thyme is doing well and seems to have new sprouts coming up from the soil.  


And the mint.  Well - part of it, a main chunk of it in fact, was turning brown and not looking so healthy. I decided it was time for some mint pruning and that's what I did!


The spinach is almost all gone. Three of the four plants I had left were dead or near dead on Saturday so it was time for them to go. 

The one and only spinach plant left!

I haven't really had tons of success with the beets and carrots, but they look pretty!



And lastly, what my cats enjoy the most - their cat grass!


Nom nom nom!




No comments:

Post a Comment