Sunday, January 9, 2011

Ooey Gooey Popcorn Balls

I made some fresh popped popcorn on New Years Eve, but I made entirely too much. I couldn’t just throw it away, so I covered it and went to bed without knowing what I’d do with it.


The next morning - after staying in bed extra late because it was New Years Day and I could, so I did - I  decided the leftover popcorn would make tasty popcorn balls!

I’d made popcorn balls a few times and was never really impressed. I tried a molasses recipe and while it was good, it was VERY molassesassy. My goal this time was to make popcorn balls like the ones I remember from when I was a kid.

After searching Google for a bit I came across a recipe that seemed like it would bring me back to my childhood.

I looked in my pantry and it turned out I had everything I needed, so I went to town making the balls. Popcorn balls that is! :) 

The mixture was gooey. Ooey gooey like I remembered.

I dove in and nearly burned my hands because I wanted to form the balls before the mixture was cool enough.

And I cheated. I tried the yummy sweet concoction before forming all the balls. Cheating was worth it thought because man, oh man they were taaaaasty!



I will be making them again, but that doesn’t mean I’m done experimenting with different types of popcorn balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment