Sunday, January 9, 2011

Fall Garden - Week Who Knows!?!?!


It was quite crisp yesterday, but I decided my balcony was in serious need of sweeping and tidying up. While I was out there, I figured it was the perfect time to transplant my mini Christmas tree into a bigger, more permanent planter.  I also transplanted another plant I have. It’s quite odd looking and I have NO idea what it is, but I like it!


After the cleaning it was photo time!

The jalapeno are still there and it’s JANUARY! I am so amazed.. Not too much new growth, but there are still two peppers growing! I trimmed back the plant quite a bit to try to get all the plant’s energy and nutrients to go to the lil suckers. :)


And the snap peas are doing quite well too. Granted, they were planted much later, but I’m still amazed when I see new shoots, new blooms and tiny new pea pods!


Ming likes them too!
He kept trying to eat them and I had to keep shooing him away.

The carrots are doing well. Very green and I a few have tiny bits popping up from the soil. I’ve learned from my past “mistakes” though and I’m going to let them sit tight for a bit so they get longer!


I was worried about the beets. So, I trimmed them back – cut the big leafy greens off last week and am now on the look out for new growth. I can’t wait until I start to see the little suckers pop on up from under the soil!


The spinach is still growing well. I thought they were a bit crowded so I transplanted one a few inches to the South and there is now a more even amount of space between each plant.


And finally – the herbs. Not much has changed with them, but here they are! :)

Flat Leaf Parsley

Thyme

Mint

Upright Rosemary

Chives


Oh yes…I almost forgot, and I cannot forget!

The Paper White Bulb progress must not be forgotten!

It has only been a week – and I am happy to report that there are multiple little shoots coming out of the soil now.


I can’t wait for even more progress though!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment