Monday, January 24, 2011

My Apologies and The Paperwhite Progress

I know, I know - I haven't posted in forever! 

I'm really sorry that I've neglected my blog recently...but I've had good reason. Really, I have!

Life has been pretty hectic lately and on top of that, I was out of the country for a bit for one of my best friend's weddings. See, that's at least ONE good reason. :) I promise I'll be posting more about the wedding soon!

Now that I've taken care of my lack of blogging apologies, on to the Paperwhites Progress!

I planted my Paperwhites the first of the year and have been watching their progress since then.  It was so exciting when the first little sprout popped up from the soil, but even more exciting when ALL the bulbs sprouted!

After a little more than three weeks of growth, I am quite pleased with their progress so far and can't wait for them to start blooming. I'll just have to be patient, which really isn't one of my strong suits so we'll see how that goes.

 


The only time I've attempted to grow bulbs before, was with the help of my 11th grade Plant Biology teacher. We grew tulips then and they were quite a success, so I'm hoping I can soon say the same for my Paperwhites!


No comments:

Post a Comment