Sunday, November 14, 2010

Homemade Soup: Chicken Soup Galore!


Last weekend I pulled some of my homemade chicken soup out of the freezer to have for dinner later in the week.  When I took it out, I noticed I was almost out and made a note that I needed to replenish my stash of soup.

I recently tried to eat soup from a can and it was HORRIBLE.  

I've spoiled myself with homemade soup and this soup is absolutely amazing. It's sooooo good and I never want to eat another chicken soup again.  


I usually add matzo balls - YUM! And I've also added different kinds of noodles to make chicken noodle soup.  

If you're feeling sick, this is the soup for you. Even if you're not feeling sick, this soup will never disappoint.  

Raw Chicken sprinkled with Fresh Ground Pepper and Sea Salt

Garlic and home grown Thyme and Rosemary to put inside the chicken!

Carrots...

Turnips...

Celery...

White Onion...

Italian (AKA Flat Leaf) Parsley

I recently got a new stock pot that is HUGE! I saw it at a local warehouse store a few weekends ago and it was so cheap that I had to buy it.  I just didn't know exactly how much soup it would make...but I found out soon enough! :)

The new pot is a little bigger than the one I used to use...

And it made THIS much soups!
The four containers on the right are just chicken broth to be used in other recipes. 

I have a lot in my fridge to enjoy and give away this week. Plus I have a ton more in my freezer!

No comments:

Post a Comment