Sunday, November 14, 2010

Fall Garden - 10 Weeks


I'm loving my garden! I really really am. :)

Not only do I have new things that I planted just for my Fall Garden, but I have things I planted way back in May that are still growin' strong and producing things for me to enjoy! 

Jalapeno Plants


Tomato Plant


The few herbs I still have left are doing great too!  The Mint is just going crazy and the Basil is still quite a monster. And my Rosemary has never been so big and bushy! 

Basil

Mint

The mint is taking over...it's even growing out the SIDE!

Upright Rosemary

Flat Leaf Parsley

Thyme

Scallions

The Cilantro, even after attempting to trim it back and revive it, I'm sad to report is no longer with us. RIP Cilantro plant #2. I guess this is a sign that I'm not supposed to grow Cilantro. I don't use it that much either so I don't think I'll be attempting it a third time.

The carrots and beets continue to do well and get stronger every day. Their greens are getting thicker and heartier as the time passes.  I can't wait to see what's under that dirt when they're done growing though.  

Beets

Carrots

And the Spinach, my tasty green that's filled with iron, how I love thee! 

I transplanted the sole spinach plant from the yellow planter to join the other five in the container. Originally there wasn't room, but with the Cilantro's departure, there suddenly became space...


The tiny new to the container plant.

Oh and I can't forget my ahem, favorite "crop", my Snap Peas.  There are still a ton of flowers appearing and a bunch of little peas.  I think I'll be enjoying my first pea very soon!  Check back for an update on that.  






No comments:

Post a Comment