Sunday, November 21, 2010

Fall Garden - 11 Weeks


I didn't think I was going to be able to post the update this week because it was forecast to rain all weekend, but it ended up only raining on Saturday.  We got quite a bit of rain so I didn't have to water either day! I love when nature waters my garden for me.

The snap peas are doing SO well. I don't see many new flowers, but the weather has been very odd recently so we'll just have to see what happens.  I have tasted them - YUMMMMM! Also, I apologize that the harvest post about them hasn't been posted as promised - life and work are getting in the way, but it WILL be posted over the upcoming holiday break. 






The transplanted spinach is doing well with the others in the container.


And the beets and carrots continue to grow bigger and stronger each day.  



The tomatoes that were on the plant are almost tie-dye looking so I'm afraid to eat them. I'm almost positive it's the end for that huge plant. It grew SO big and gave me so much since May. Six months of happiness - with a few snags along the way with caterpillars.


The jalapeno plant on the other hand continues to grow and produce new little peppers.  I can't wait until some are big enough to use again!  


All the herbs are doing great and are getting bigger and bigger.  The transplanted thyme seems to be taking to the container, but not really growing any bigger yet.  

Basil

Flat Leaf Parsley

Thyme

Mint

Rosemary


And there is a new addition.  After I got rid of the garlic chives a few weeks ago, I wanted to get another plant.  It was always in the back of my mind.  I got one late last weekend and transplanted it into the newly empty yellow planter.  I have yet to use them - they are a different variety - but I'm excited for the newest addition.  

No comments:

Post a Comment