Saturday, March 16, 2013

Banana Nut Pound Cake

I grew up eating my mom's homemade banana bread. I've made that same banana bread - usually with the addition of chocolate chips - numerous times. I've made it into muffins and little mini loaves a few times too! I blogged about it here,  here, here and a few other places too!

If you couldn't tell...I'm a BIG fan of Banana Bread! But this post isn't about banana bread, it's about something equally as tasty, but a little different! 

I was very excited when I ran across a recipe for Banana Nut Pound Cake while looking at a Better Homes and Gardens a few months ago. I instantly ripped the recipe out and told myself I needed to make it soon! 

I saved the recipe for awhile, and then finally made it out of the blue on a weekend I didn't have much going on. Confession - I made this MONTHS ago, but am just now getting around to posting about it...sorry, I've been a lil busy!

I think I've rambled enough at this point, so take a look at the pound cake making process, folks. 

The Goods:
flour
baking powder
cream cheese
butter
sugar
eggs
bananas
milk
vanilla
chopped pecans
powdered sugar

The original recipe - or inspiration! 

Beat the Cream Cheese and Butter

Add sugar and mix until light and fluffy.

Add the eggs, one at a time...

Mixing in between each addition. 

Egg 2...

Mix again.

Egg 3...

Mix again.

Final egg! 

And done mixing!!!

Mashed bananas, milk and vanilla mixture.

Add some of the flour mixture:
flour, baking powder and salt.

And mix that in!

Add some of the banana mixture.

Now mix that in too!

Alternatively add the rest of the flour and banana mixtures. 

Until you end up with something like this!

Lastly, add the chopped pecans!

 Pour mixture into a greased bundt pan.

Bake at 325 degrees for 70 to 85 minutes.

Cool in pan for 10 minutes. 

Remove from pan and once fully cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar. 


No comments:

Post a Comment