Friday, October 26, 2012

Homemade Soup: Roasted Butternut Squash Sage Soup

It's been WAY too long since I posted a homemade soup recipe, but now that it's officially Fall and the temperature is getting warmer - I to hope to post many more soup recipes in the months to come. 

I love homemade soup - it's SO much better than canned soup - and this is the most recent soup I've made. Recently I found this recipe and I had a Butternut Squash I needed to use up, so I thought I'd substitute that for the pumpkin. I kind of made it on a whim and it was the first time I'd made it, but it was so tasty I'll definitely make it again. 

Since I used homemade vegetable stock I already had in my freezer, the entire process didn't take that long. The longest part was roasting the squash, but that required very little attention and I was able to roast it while doing other things.  

So before I ramble on and on - let me show you how to make this AMAZING Roasted Butternut Squash Sage Soup.   

The Goods:
Butternut Squash - Roasted and Mashed
Minced Shallot
Minced Garlic
Butter 
Vegetable Stock
Fresh Sage
Salt
Pepper

Melt the butter and sauté the shallots a few minutes.

Add the garlic and sauté one more minute. 

Add the mashed squash...

And the stock too!

Stir it just a little...

And add the sage, salt and pepper.

Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.

Puree the soup in a blender.

And you'll get something like this!

YUM!!!

I thought I'd have mini grilled cheese with my soup tonight.

The soup and sandwiches. 

It was SOOOOO good and I cannot wait to enjoy the rest of the soup. I only made half a batch and I still ended up with quite a bit. I love leftovers and I'm really looking forward to eating these! 

No comments:

Post a Comment