Growing up, my mom used to make a delicious chili using ground beef.
I almost always have some of that kind in individual portions in my freezer,
but I was intrigued by this turkey chili recipe, so I decided to give it a try!
Red Pepper Flakes
Peel and dice your sweet potatoes and set aside.
Brown your ground turkey and drain the grease.
On top of the ground turkey, place sweet potatoes, pinto beans and diced onion and garlic.
Now add your tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and spices.
Mix everything up in your slow cooker...
And cook on low for about 8 hours,
until sweet potatoes are fully cooked and tender.
Serve yourself a bowl of this hearty chili.
Top with your desired garnishes, dig in and enjoy!!!
This chili was a hit!
I loved the addition of sweet potatoes,
so I'll absolutely be making this again!
Turkey Sweet Potato Chili
(Adapted from I Wash You Dry)
1 Pound Ground Turkey
1 Large Sweet Potatoes, Peeled and Diced
1 Onion, Diced
1 15 Ounce Can Tomato Sauce
1 15 Ounce Can Diced Tomatoes
2 15 Ounce Cans Pinto Beans
1 Clove Garlic, Minced
1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- Brown your ground turkey and drain the grease.
- On top of the ground turkey, place sweet potatoes, pinto beans and diced onion and garlic.
- Now add your tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and spices.
- Mix everything up in the slow cooker and cook on low for about 8 hours, until sweet potatoes are fully cooked and tender.
- Top with your favorite chili garnishes, dig in and enjoy!