Sunday, November 2, 2014

Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Boats

I haven't posted a food blog recently,
so I figured it was time I did so!
Hope you enjoy!!!

While browsing recipes online awhile back,
I ran across one that I knew I wanted to make soon!
It wasn't like anything I'd ever made and I was intrigued.

So after having the recipe for months,
I finally decided that it was time to make
SAUSAGE STUFFED ZUCCHINI BOATS!!!
I followed the recipe linked above,
Check out how I made this tasty meal below.

The Goods:
Zucchini
Italian Sausage
Onion
Garlic
Marinara Sauce
Mozzarella Cheese
Parmesan Cheese

Cook your sausage,
grate your cheeses,
scoop out your zucchini and
dice up the scooped out part!

Make sure your zucchini boats are clean and dry.

And drain your sausage to remove the grease.

Saute your onions and garlic.
Add diced up zucchini and cook a few minutes.
Add the cooked sausage and combine well.

Put a little sauce on the bottom of your dish.
Then lay out zucchini boats and then fill with mixture.
Top with more sauce and both cheeses.

Now you can either pop this in the oven 
and bake for 30 to 35 minutes at 400 degrees.

All done!

Can you say YUMMY!??!

If you don't want to bake it right away,
or if you want to bake half now and save half for later,
you can seal it up very well and freeze to bake soon!
I tend to use plastic wrap AND zipper baggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment