Sunday, November 9, 2014

DIY Assorted Flower Bouquets

A few months ago, I posted a photo on Instagram and said "on the blog soon".
And now I must apologize profusely because 
"soon" ended up being MANY WEEKS from when I first posted the picture!
I'm a bad blogger and I'm sorry!!!

So what photo am I talking about?
If you don't follow me on Instagram (shame on you!)
or you can't tell from the title of this post,
It's this one...


Now that we're all on the same page,
let me tell you how simple it was to make
those pretty little bouquets above!

You'll need to gather the following:
A few bunches of fresh flowers
Some greenery trimmed from plants
Your favorite vases

I tend to purchase my flowers from Trader Joe's
because they seem to have the best variety
and are almost always pretty inexpensive!

I cut the greenery from a few plants growing outside
and I gathered three different size mason jars.

Start with one type of flower and cut to size depending on vase.
Then move onto the next type of flower until you've added them all.
Now finish up with the fresh greenery you've clipped.
And finally arrange the vases however you'd like.

I placed the above from smallest to largest...

But also liked them gathered together as well!

You can do this with any type of flower, 
but I've found the more variety the better.
I like to go for a full one, a tall skinny one 
and one that sorta branches out.

No comments:

Post a Comment