Monday, September 2, 2013

Regrowing Green Onions

On multiple blogs, I had seen posts about regrowing green onions, and at first I didn't think anything of it. But after seeing it time and time again, I thought to myself - Why don't YOU do that Robyn? I mean, what did I really have to lose? Nothing! That's what. 

So, shortly after deciding to give it a try, I bought some green onions. I used the green parts in a recipe or two and put the rest in a glass with the roots in the water. I hoped for the best, but didn't really think much of it.




Until I noticed that they were already regrowing THE NEXT DAY! 
I couldn't believe how fast I was seeing progress and couldn't wait to see what was next.






Unless I have to use the white parts for a something, 
I plan to keep regrowing my green onions and NOT have to buy them for quite some time!

No comments:

Post a Comment