Thursday, July 5, 2012

Farfalle Pasta a la Robyn!

I've made a version of this pasta numerous times, but it never really occurred to me to blog about it - until the other night! I was going to make dinner for a friend and wanted to use what I had in my fridge, freezer, pantry and growing in my garden. This a pretty simple dish and can be modified so many ways.  Take a look at what I ended up doing last night!

The Goods:
Farfalle Pasta - I used Mini!
Olive Oil
Bell Pepper - I used Orange, 
but whatever you have works!
Broccoli
Yellow Onion
Garlic
Chicken Sausage - ANY kind.
Parmesan Cheese
Fresh Basil


Chop up the bell pepper...

Cut the broccoli and cook for a few minutes.
It should still have a LITTLE crunch, but not tons.

Now chop up the onion...

And slice the garlic!

Now start the pasta and cook as directed on the box.

While the pasta is cooking, heat up a pan and add olive oil.

Throw in the onions and garlic and sauté for a couple minutes.

Next throw in the bell pepper, and cook for a few more minutes.

Now it's time to throw in the sausage.
Note - if your sausage isn't precooked, you'll want to do that FIRST!

Cook until the sausage gets a nice little color.

Turn off the heat and throw in some cooked, drained pasta.

Mix the pasta around and then add the cooked broccoli. 

Mix the broccoli in...

And COVER it with fresh Parmesan!

Now get the basil and cut it into long thin slices - AKA chiffonade.

Put the pasta in a bowl and top with the fresh basil.
Dig in and ENJOY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment