Sunday, January 24, 2016

How To: Homemade Balsamic Glaze

I love Balsamic Glaze, but I hadn't made my own until recently.
You can easily buy it in the store, but it's so easy to make your own too.
And because I like to know exactly what's in what I'm eating,
I tend to stick to making things myself whenever I can.

About halfway through making the glaze the first time,
I realized - Hey I should blog about this too!
So not too long after making the first batch, 
I made another to show you guys how easy it really is!

WARNING - while making this you're kitchen,
or entire apartment in my case will have a strong vinegar smell.
It's worth it though, I promise! 

The Goods:
Balsamic Vinegar
Brown Sugar

Add 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar and 
2 Cups Balsamic Vinegar to a saucepan.

Turn heat to medium.

And mix until sugar is dissolved.

Bring mixture to a boil.

Then reduced heat to low and simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes.

Until mixture has reduced by half and has slightly thickened.
It should coat the spoon when dipped into the pan.

Pour into a jar and let cool completely.
Cover and store in the fridge for up to two weeks!

2 comments:

  1. Love balsamic glaze but have never tried making it. Thanks so much for sharing with the Let's Get Real party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this sounds to die for!!! We love Balsamic at our house so we will have to give this a try! Thanks for sharing on Let's Get Real :)

    ReplyDelete