One of my friends is always posting pictures of dinners she makes.
They always look so good and make me so hungry!
She recently posted Stuffed Peppers that she made.
They looked amazing and I couldn't help but ask for her recipe.
She didn't follow a recipe, but instead just made it up herself.
I was impressed and couldn't wait to make them!
And now here I am sharing their deliciousness with YOU!!!
Cheddar Cheese (Not pictured - oops!)
Saute your onion and garlic until fragrant.
Add chipped jalapeno and ground turkey.
Cook until the ground turkey is browned.
Season with taco seasoning and then add tomato sauce.
Stir to combine with ground turkey mixture.
Add your corn and black beans, then stir again.
Now time for the quinoa!
Add that and stir.
Last, add the green chili and stir one last time.
Prep your peppers by washing, deseeding and cutting them in half.
Then stuff, and I mean STUFF, them with your turkey quinoa mixture.
Spray your covered baking dish with cooking spray.
Add the number of peppers you want to bake and cover with cheese.
I only baked three of the eight I prepared,
but froze the remaining ones to bake sometime soon!
Cover the baking dish and bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
Now time to dig in and enjoy!!!
If you want the peppers to be less crisp, you can do one of two things:
1. Cook a little bit longer
2. Add 1/2 cup of chicken broth to the dish before baking.
Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers Recipe
4 to 5 bell peppers
1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
1 pound ground turkey
1/2 onion - chopped
1 garlic clove - minced
1 jalapeno - minced
1/2 cup black beans
1/2 cup corn
1 can green chilies - diced
7 oz can tomato sauce
1 teaspoon taco seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
cheddar cheese - shredded
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Sauté onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Add jalapeño and cook one minute.
- Add ground turkey and brown.
- Season with salt, pepper and taco seasoning.
- After five minutes or so, add tomato sauce
- Once cooked, combine in a bowl with quinoa, black beans, corn and green chiles.
- Add chopped cilantro and parsley to your liking
- Put mixture into peppers.
- Spray a Dutch oven. Put the peppers into a Dutch oven and cover the peppers with cheese.
- Put the lid on and bake 40 to 50 minutes.