Sunday, October 12, 2014

Individual Turkey Sloppy Joe Portions

I've always loved Sloppy Joe's.
They're easy and tasty and remind me of being a kid.
But since I'm usually cooking for just myself,
I didn't make them too often.

Why?
Because I didn't want to eat them for so many meals in a row.
That is until I got smart!

One day I decided I would make a whole batch,
eat a helping and freeze the rest in individual servings.
GENIUS!!!

You could do this with any Sloppy Joe recipe,
but keep reading and see how I made mine!

The Goods:
1 Pound Ground Turkey 
1/2 Cup Chopped Onion 
1/2 Cup Chopped Green Pepper 
2 Tablespoons Water 
1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Salt 
8 Ounces Ketchup 
Dash or Two Hot Sauce 
1 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce 
1 to 2 Teaspoons Chili Powder
Hamburger Rolls (Not Pictured)

Chop up your Green Pepper and Onion.

Saute the Green Pepper and Onion, 
then add your meat and start browning.
Once cooked, remove as much excess oil/fat from the pan.
Add the remain ingredients, stir and simmer for 5 minutes or so.

If your'e not freezing any, serve and enjoy!
But if you are freezing some keep reading.

Put liners in muffin pans and spoon in Sloppy Joe mixture.
Flash freeze in freezer for an hour or two.
Remove from muffin pan and packaged individually.
Freeze in freezer bag until ready to use!


No comments:

Post a Comment