Sunday, February 24, 2013

Biscuit Donuts

Since I just posted about frying chicken wings, I thought I'd continue the fried food post trend and tell you about the easiest donuts you can possibly make! 

For awhile, I'd wanted to try to make donuts at home, but hadn't because they seemed a little time consuming. Plus, donuts are best enjoyed fresh and I don't need to eat a full batch myself... 

Then one day, while browsing Facebook, I saw a friend post pictures of donuts she'd made using a can of Pillsbury Biscuits.  I was very intrigued, so I did a little more research. I found this recipe, realized how simple they were to make and couldn't wait! 

Soon after, I purchased a can of biscuits and convinced my neighbor's that they too wanted to enjoy some fresh hot Biscuit Donuts. I'd planned on making the Cinnamon Sugar version, but they convinced me that we should try to make some glazed ones too! It didn't take too much convincing either. :)

Now let's get to the good stuff - making these tasty treats! 

The Goods:
Canned Biscuits
Butter
Sugar
Cinnamon
Milk/Cream
Powdered Sugar
Vanilla
Vegetable Oil

Melted Butter and Cinnamon/Sugar Mixture

Making the Glaze

Almost done!

And done!

Now, let's make the DONUTS!!!

Cut the centers out of the biscuits.
We didn't have a biscuit cutter, 
but that would have made the processes a little easier!

Heat the oil in a large pan.

Begin the frying process with two biscuit donuts. 
Flipping over after they start to brown.

Those look about done!

Lay the cooked biscuit donuts on paper towels 
to absorb excess oil and grease. 

Once everything is fried and looking delicious, 
make 'em look even better by coating them in either...

 The Cinnamon Sugar mixture!

Or the Glaze!

The donut holes were just soooo cute!

So cute, I almost didn't want to eat it...

JUST KIDDING!!! 

We may very well make JUST donut holes next time. While both the holes and the normal donuts were delicious, the donut holes were just a little better!

No comments:

Post a Comment