Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Time is HERE!

Christmas really snuck up on me this year, so it's a good thing that I started decorating the day after Thanksgiving.  I did most of the decorating that first weekend, but added other little touches throughout the month of December.

To me - Christmas isn't the same without having Christmas lights, so of course I have those!

Lights around the front door.

Lights on the balcony railing.

Lights around the bathroom ceiling.

And lights around the dining room/kitchen ceiling.
Also pictured are two of the amazing snowflakes 
that a great friend helped me make!

Oh - and you can't forget the Christmas tree.  

Mine is fake - because it's easier.  As much as I love real trees, they're pretty messy.  I had one last year and my cats knocked it completely over.  This year I decided to get the real pine smell from a tiny miniature tree and a wreath hung on the front door.


And the decorations don't end there.  In addition to lights in many places, I have little touches of Christmas scattered about!

The wooden wreath on the Den door.

The Welcome Sign outside the front door.

Pine Cone Stocking Hangers.
Yes - I know, there aren't any stockings hung yet, but there will be some! :)

Bell Ornaments hung from the hallway ceiling.
(Note: the picture doesn't do justice to what it really looks like!)

And last but not least ... a Santa hat added to a wooden monkey to make him festive for the holidays!
I also kept one hanging bat up from Halloween and added a hat to him too, 
but for some reason I didn't photograph that. 
Sorry!


I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas - or whatever holidays you celebrate this time of year!  

No comments:

Post a Comment