Tuesday, April 2, 2013

An Easter Feast!

This year wasn't the first time I spent Easter away from my family, but this year WAS the first year I decided to make myself my own Easter Feast!

Ever since I spent the first Easter away from my family, I've wanted to recreate an Easter "Dinner". And I say "Dinner" because to be honest, in my family Easter "Dinner" was always closer to 2PM.  To me - that's more of an Easter LUNCH! Does anyone else's family do this? And why don't we just call it what it is?!? Anyway... since I wanted to recreate an Easter Dinner, I decided it only made sense to serve it at a normal dinnertime! :) 

Elina, my favorite cooking partner and one of my best friends, helped me make the amazing feast! I've cooked an entire Thanksgiving Dinner, so I knew I could do this alone too, but let me tell you - Elina made it so much easier! It wouldn't have been the same without her!

Now that I've told you all about the feast, take a look at all the yummy food we got to enjoy!

Started it off the afternoon with some Mimosas! 

Piping the filling in the Deviled Eggs.

Garnished and waiting to be devoured. 

The Ham before putting it in the oven. 

Starting the Au Gratin Potatoes.

Carrots peeled and trimmed.

Mini Cheesecakes waiting to be topped with fruit!

The Finished Ham!

Almost time to eat...

YUMMMMM - Time to dig in!!!

Strawberry and Blackberry topped cheesecakes.

The entire dinner was DELICIOUS, but the ham was by far the BEST ham I have ever had. And it's even amazing as leftovers too! I can't take full credit for how tasty it was because we followed this recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment