Sunday, September 16, 2012

Homemade Chewy Granola Bars

I've tried to make Granola a couple times, but for some reason I cannot get it to come out right! Because of that I was a little reluctant to make these granola bars, but they sounded AMAZING and I'd discussed it with my brother so I decided I'd give it a go. Plus - I already had almost everything I needed on hand so I wasn't going to be spending that much!

I won't say anymore before I show you how to make these homemade treats!

The Goods:
Oats
Sugar
Butter
Raisins
Craisins
Pecans
Almonds
Shredded Coconut
Peanut Butter
Honey
Corn Syrup
Vanilla
Cinnamon
Salt

aka 
The Kitchen Sink!

Combine ALL the dry ingredients including the fruit, 
nuts and chocolate. 

Mix together the melted butter, corn syrup, 
honey and peanut butter.

Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and combine. 

It'll look something like this!

Dump into a parchment lined square baking dish.

Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.

When done, it should still be a little soft to the touch!

Once cool, cut into individual bars.

I wrapped them in plastic wrap and 
kept them in a zipper baggie.

I'm happy to report that my track record with regular granola did NOT follow me and these came out amazing! I am, without a doubt, going to be making them again and I cannot wait to try other fun combinations!!

No comments:

Post a Comment