Sunday, July 13, 2014

Everything Cookies

A few weeks ago, I got a hankering to make some homemade cookies.
While I love making simple chocolate chip or oatmeal raisin cookies, 
I knew I wanted to do something just a little different!

So what exactly did I do different?
I decided to use oatmeal, raisins, chocolate chips and 
pretty much everything else but the kitchen sink!

Hence me deciding they needed to be called:
EVERYTHING COOKIES!

These cookies are so simple to make.
And if you have a stand mixer like I do, 
the mixer does all the work!

Take a look below at how to make these easy, yet delicious cookies!

The Goods:
8 oz (2 sticks) Butter, Softened
1 1/4 cup Brown Sugar, Packed
3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
2 teaspoons Vanilla
2 Eggs
1 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups Old Fashioned Oats
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup Raisins
1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
1/2 cup Toffee Bits

Before I go any further - I have to apologize.
I got really into making these cookies 
and FORGOT to take step by step pictures.
I'm sorry, I know I was a BAD blogger again. 

Since there aren't step by step pictures,
Follow the steps below to make these yummy cookies:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Beat butter, sugars, and vanilla until creamy.
Mix in eggs until light and fluffy.
Add flour, baking soda and salt until blended.
Stir in your oats and all your goodies!

Form dough into balls (I used a 35 mm scooper)
and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until edges are starting to brown.
Centers should be still quite soft - this will keep them super chewy!

Cool on cookie sheet about a minute, 
then remove to wire rack until completely cool.


I took these AMAZING cookies to work the day after making them.
There were about 60 or so cookies in my office kitchen in the morning 
and EVERY SINGLE ONE was devoured before lunch time!
These babies were just that good.

I will, without a doubt, be making them again.
But now it's YOUR turn to do so.
Go make them and see how good they really are!

No comments:

Post a Comment