Sunday, December 9, 2012

Homemade Pumpkin Ice Cream

I love pretty much anything made with pumpkin. It's SO good and I cannot get enough of it this time of year. I hadn't made ice cream in awhile, but last week I decided I wanted to try to make some Pumpkin Ice Cream with some of my Homemade Pumpkin Puree!

After a little searching online for a recipe without eggs, I decided to just kind of make my own and hope for the best! I've made many different kinds of ice cream before, so I wasn't too worried. Turns out...I had NOTHING to worry about! The Pumpkin Ice Cream turned out great and everyone who's tried it has loved it!

Take a look at how I made this amazing treat and then go make some for yourself! You could even add a little whipped cream for more of a pumpkin pie taste!!

The Goods:
Cream
Skim Milk
Brown Sugar
Ground Ginger
Ground Cinnamon
Ground Cloves
Vanilla Extract
Salt


Combine Cream, Milk, Puree and Brown Sugar. 
Stir until combined and sugar is disolved. 

Add the remaining ingredients.

And stir/whisk until mixture is combined.

Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and churn until creamy. 

After being frozen awhile! 

Robyn's Pumpkin Ice Cream Recipe:
1 Cup Cream
1 Cup Skim Milk
1 1/2 Cups Pumpkin Puree
1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/8 Teaspoon Ground Cloves

1. In a large bowl, combine Cream, Milk, Puree and Brown Sugar. Stir until combined and sugar is disolved. 

2. Add the remaining ingredients and stir/whisk until mixture is combined.

3. Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and churn until creamy. It will be more of a soft serve like texture right out of the ice cream maker. Freeze it for a few hours before serving for best results.  

No comments:

Post a Comment