Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday Night Dinner: Take 14!

It's been FOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER since I did a Sunday Night Dinner Post! I haven't stopped cooking Sunday Night dinners - I just haven't been taking pictures and blogging about them. I've been a little busy and I'm sorry.

So without me going on and on, lets get to the wonderful meal I made for dinner tonight!

On the menu this wonderful January evening was Homemade Sesame Chicken with Broccoli Stir Fry served with Brown Rice!

I've enjoyed Sesame Chicken numerous times, but this was my first time actually making it! Take a look at the cooking process.

Ingredients

·      tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
·      teaspoons toasted sesame oil
·      teaspoons honey
·      1 1/4 pounds skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
·      tablespoons canola oil
·      green onions, white parts thinly sliced and green tops reserved
·      1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
·      cloves garlic, minced
·      1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
·      teaspoons cornstarch
·      tablespoon rice vinegar
·      teaspoon chili paste
·      small head broccoli, cut in florets, steamed until crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes
·      tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
·      Hot cooked brown rice (optional)

In a medium bowl - whisk together 3 Tbsp. of soy sauce, 1 tsp. of sesame oil and 2 tsp of honey. Add chicken, toss to coat and marinate at least 20 minutes. 


 In a large nonstick skillet or wok heat 2 tsp. of canola oil over medium-high heat and cook chicken. 


In the same skillet heat the remaining 2 tsp. canola oil over medium-high heat. 
Add the white parts of onions, ginger, and garlic. 
Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant. 
 

Add chicken back to skilled, lower heat and make Sesame Sauce (in a small bowl whisk together broth, remaining soy sauce, remaining honey, the cornstarch, vinegar, and chili paste until cornstarch and honey are incorporated. Add remaining sesame oil.) 
Add sauce to skillet and cook until slightly thickened.


I have some leftover and I can't wait to have it for lunch tomorrow! I'm hoping it'll be just as tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment