Sunday, July 11, 2010

Birthday Party Food

My friend had a birthday party for her boyfriend today and it just happened to be downstairs so of course I went!  I couldn't show up empty handed though, so I decided to bring a couple goodies.
The first treat was so simple to make, I'm almost embarrassed to share!  I made store bought boxed Super Moist Yellow cake with store bought chocolate frosting. Oh so yummy and it reminds me of being young. When I was making the cake (Read: mixing the 4 ingredients in a bowl) the smell took me back to my childhood. 

I made the batter into 12 regular sized cupcakes and 20 mini cupcakes.  Yes, I really like mini things, especially when it comes to baking.

They're great like this!

But even better with piped chocolate frosting on top!

The second thing contained something I grew myself, so I was more exited to see what people would say.  I made a simple caprese salad with basil I'd grown on my balcony, vine ripe tomatoes (not grown by me - mine aren't big enough!), mozzarella, olive oil, sea salt and pepper. So simple, so tasty, so devoured!


People seemed to enjoy my contribution to the birthday celebration and I was glad to be a part!
Happy Birthday, Adam!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment